¤Virtual University Of Pakistan Network¤
The topic of Graded Discussion Board:
“Do you think wireless networks will totally replace the wired or fixed networks in coming future? Prove validity of your opinion.”
A concise, coherent and to the point comment is preferred over lengthy comment having irrelevant details. Your comment must not be more than 5-7 lines. Comments, posted on regular Lesson's MDB or sent through email will not be considered in any case. Any request about such an acceptance will not be catered.
i think the wired network will not be replaced to the wireless networks because of some security and efficiency
Do you think wireless networks will totally replace the wired or fixed networks in coming future? Prove validity of your opinion.
• Wired Local Area Networks make use of Ethernet cables and network adapters. Numerous computers can be wired to one another by using an Ethernet crossover cable. Wired LANs also need vital devices like hubs, switches, or routers to aid further computers.
• For dial-up connections to the Internet, the computer hosting the modem should administer Internet Connection Sharing or similar software to share the connection with every other computers on the network.
• Broadband routers permit easier sharing of cable modem or DSL Internet connections, furthermore they often include built-in firewall.
• Ethernet cables should proceed from each computer to a different computer or to the central device.
• The accurate cabling configuration for a wired LAN differs depending on the merge of devices, the form of Internet connection.
• Following hardware installation, the lasting steps in configuring either wired or wireless LANs do not contrast a great deal. Equally rely on standard Internet Protocol and network operating system configuration options.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wired Networking
• The equipment is inexpensive.
• Many computers have a wired network adapter.
• Wired networks transfer information more swiftly
• Wired networks are generally more secure than wireless networks
• Running the wires from each room within the home can be a difficult task.
• Network cables can look disorganized.
• Network cables can disconnect or become faulty consequently causing the connection to fail.
• Adding more computers to a wired network may result in unexpected expense if you run out of connections on your network and could slow down the network.
All wired networks differ from each other. The most familiar type of wired network is an Ethernet network.