¤Virtual University Of Pakistan Network¤
Total Marks: 30 Due Date: December 27, 2011
Topic: Marketing plan
Business plan is an important document that describes the nature and direction of business in future in accordance with its goals. One of the major parts of the business plan is the marketing plan where all the relevant details regarding marketing tools and strategy are designed for future actions. The idea behind putting marketing tools and strategy in business plan is to facilitate entrepreneurs to have a more distinct approach towards business and customers.
In Pakistan, the textile and clothing industry plays an imperative role in fostering the pace of economic development. As per Economic Survey of Pakistan 2009-10, the textile sector has marked immense growth especially in ready-to-wear garment industry. One can observe the emergence of successful local brands that have smashed not only the local market but have also gagged immense popularity and acceptance in international markets. Billboards and increasing outlets depict the mushroom growth of ready-to-wear garment range in Lahore and one of the examples in this scenario is HSY designer range by Hassan Sheheryar Yasin that has successfully captured the local and international market in the said industry.
You are recommended to select any local ready-to-wear garment brand (boutique or any designer range) and closely observe their following marketing practices:
1. Segmentation and target market
2. Pricing strategies
3. Branding strategies
4. The implication of marketing mix
5. Selection of USP (unique selling point) and
a. Value Proposition
b. Creating competitive edge (advantage)
You are required to design a marketing plan for selected ready-to-wear outlet covering aforementioned aspects of marketing in comprehensive but concise manner.
Special Note: please note this is a research based individual specific assignment. Any identical/copied answers are not accepted and will be graded as ZERO.
1. This Assignment can be best attempted from the knowledge acquired after watching video lecture no. 20 to 26and reading handouts as well as recommended text book).
2. Video lectures can be downloaded for free from vu's Channel – YouTube.
Opening Date and Time: December 21st , 2011 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Closing Date and Time: December 27th , 2011 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace periodafter the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date.
No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visithttp://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html